Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mercury in Retrograde, Or Other Suspicions


They say bad things happen in threes. They also say that bad things happen when Mercury’s in retrograde. I think Mercury has been in retrograde and I’m doubling up on the trios, because tonight I dropped my phone and shattered the screen!

It all started after a bad thunderstorm back in July. The hot tub stopped working. Not sure why. We drained it and cleaned it out, but haven’t put in the effort to refill it and get it serviced. And now it’s looking like we may put that off for a few more weeks, if not months. Because just two weeks ago, our refrigerator stopped working. Even worse, after everything had melted and gone bad, it started working again, leaving me with a nasty frozen mess in the bottom of the freezer! Apparently the compressor is dying and it’s cheaper to just buy a new one. Less than a week after the fridge drama, our thermostat broke. It had been randomly losing electricity, but this time we couldn’t resurrect it, so we had to replace it. It took over 24 hours for our AC to start working again, so I’m a little iffy about whether that’s going to need repair or not.

My car has been going downhill rapidly for a while now, so today I decided to go car shopping. It’s running, but it needs a pretty major repair and given that I’m almost at 200,000 miles, I’ve opted to let the car go. So that’s not exactly broken, but it isn’t running well.

And tonight I dropped my phone. I drop my phone all the time. Not even kidding. And I have a protective case and a screen protector. But this time the glass just shattered. It’s so bad I’m having trouble reading parts of the screen. And I’m thinking, how much will THIS set me back!

Do I have another bad luck event on the horizon? Or can we just let this all go and move along.

Maybe I can just blame Donald Trump. Yeah. Forget about retrograde Mercury – the REAL cause of all my troubles is the orange clown running for President!

No comments:

Post a Comment