Friday, May 7, 2010

I did it!

I signed a contract with Booklocker to self-publish a book of short stories. This is a big step for me in terms of confidence. I'm still planning to go through traditional channels once my full length book is finished, but I think my short stories have a better chance of circulation as a POD or eBook than in traditional magazines. I'm also going to explore what it would take to get my book in the public library as a local author. Guess I'd better start making friends with librarians!
I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. And of course, as soon as the book is out, there will be a link here to buy it!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats, Elaine! Very proud of you, and I can completely relate to writing confidence issues (ask Rich).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo, title is cool, perhaps we can discuss it more this weekend.

    ReplyDelete