Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh right, Nano is over.

So National Novel Writing Month is finished. I had a few other things on my mind at the time (more on that later), so its passing was quiet. Plus I reached my goal point with my novel.
I wonder what it will be like next year. I anticipate being under highly different circumstances (more on that later too), so I wonder if I'll be writing an entirely new book, or editing the memoir I've started. I'd like to start something entirely new. Still, I don't think I'm going to be entirely consumed by it. I like it, and I will do it again, but it didn't impact me the way I expected.
Part of me feels that I "cheated" and that's why Nanowrimo didn't consume me. "Cheated" because I edited my work, rather than writing from scratch. But on the other hand, I think there may be too much emphasis in our world on doing things a certain way, by the book. And if a person doesn't follow that path, s/he's a failure. I don't buy it. And so I'm not calling myself a Nano cheater.
I look forward to whatever challenge next year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment