I'm going to get back into personal blogging. I really really am. So today I'm going to do seven quick takes. Why? Because really what I want to do is whine, and I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear that. (and editors, notice that I got 3 "reallys" in my intro, wow!)
7. In the spirit of gratitude, I give thanks for noise cancelling headphones, because even though it makes the crackers I'm eating sound weird, it blocks out the sound of my toddler protesting her nap and my husband vomiting into a trash can that I will empty out later today.
6. I bought Ritz cracker Short stacks, packaged in small tubes to preserve freshness and I have learned 2 things: a. I actually prefer my Ritz a wee bit stale. b. A small tube makes me eat more, because I get done eating and the tube is almost empty, so I just finish it off.
5. Toddler is in obsessive book mode, so I'm going to use her nap time today to hide the books I'm sick of reading.
4. I wrote this haiku after my toddler puked on me twice on Monday. "Pee, poop, and vomit. The motherhood baptism. God's love, seen anew." I'm very proud of it.
3. The sunshine is gorgeously deceptive today, since the high is only going to be in the 40's, but it looks like a 70 degree day.
2. I suspect this week of cold weather coming up will demolish my tulips once again. NC is apparently not a good place for tulips.
1. I missed my comedy writing class again this week. Last month it was cancelled: this month I was recovering from vomit city. I sincerely apologize to my readers: I'm sure you wish I had some comedic brilliance to share, but apparently the universe disagrees. In the future I will simply submit all my husband's brilliant comedy and claim it as my own.