Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An April Blog Challenge

I'm doing the A-Z blog challenge for April and so excited! As part of the amazing 10 Minute Novelists group on Facebook, I took on the 365K challenge for 2015 and have been attempting to write 1000 words a day. Now, that hasn't gone as well as I hoped. I had good momentum and was getting a good habit going, but then February snow and ice killed 2 weeks of preschool. Not great. In March, just as I was about to get my groove back, I had unexpected crises in my business, two days of sickness, and a week long vacation. Yet despite it all, I'm proud to say that I have written almost 60,000 words in the first quarter of 2015!

However, although I've been hanging on by a thread, I am still chasing the lofty goal of 1000 words per day. And so this A-Z blog challenge is EXACTLY the kickstart I need!

I recently read the great book the Desire Map, and my desire words are:
  • Aflame
  • Allied
  • Awestruck
  • Anchored
  • In the Zone
Notice anything? Aha! Four out of five are As! Coincidence? Clearly not. My subconscious obviously knew I would need some A material soon.

Now, what do they mean?

Aflame: I chose this because I am passionate about my work and my life.
Allied: I am deeply spiritual, a mystic Christian, and so the Holy Spirit is my constant ally.
Awestruck: The great privilege of my work is that so often, I get to see miracles. I see miracles in my clients' lives, and sometimes I even get to BE the miracle. I just love the awe inspiring, humbling experience of that.
Anchored: I am very pragmatic and practical: while I am a mystic, I also dwell in the material and physical world intensely. My spirituality embraces the goodness and joy of physical matter and sensation.
In the Zone: When I work with clients, when I write, when I create anything, I am so focused that time simply disappears. It's exhilarating, and while I can't think of an "a" word for it, it had to be one of my core desires. And there you have it for A!

4 comments:

  1. Aflame. I love this word, and now I'm going to challenge myself to use it in a sentence. I'm having a hard time with 365k too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, aflame should be the word of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love the word Aflame! And Scarlet Embers, it clearly is YOUR word as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love aflame too! And thanks for teaching me a new word! Good, two birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete