Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thinx Underwear!

On my Facebook feed, I saw an ad for Thinx underwear, with a note that a friend of mine liked the product. I'm suspicious of these kind of FB assertions, but there was a blog post attached, so I read the post.

Thinx underwear is underwear with built in pads to absorb period and other discharges. I normally use pads, so I was amused by some of the comments on their information page and on reviews. "It's like sitting in your own blood!" Well, no, of course not. I mean, I used cloth diapers, so I'm familiar with advances in technology that allow us to sit on absorbent materials and not feel damp. (I used the diapers on my baby, not myself. I'm not sure why I'm clarifying this).

So here I am, just now finishing up my period (not perfect timing), and I have received my first 2 pairs of Thinx. Why did I decide to try Thinx?
1. I have a very light flow, so I figured this could be a handy alternative to pads.
2. I use pads, but they have their flaws. Thinx underwear has no adhesive, so no painful ouchies. Also, I'm hoping Thinx underwear will eliminate the occasional positioning issues I face with pads.
3. I'd love an option to wear days and nights just before my period starts, so I don't have any more oops stains.
4. Some of the money for each purchase goes to help women in impoverished areas.

So here's the beginning of my product review!
First the underwear. I ordered two pairs, the hiphugger and the sport.
Here's the packaging. Nice. I measured myself and ordered the size recommended by their size chart. I noticed that it is a wee bit bigger than my normal underwear, but that's not a big deal. 

There's also a photo here of the underwear itself. You'll notice I ordered the beige color. I didn't realize the inside would be black, but that's probably for the best. I mean, let's be honest, there's going to be some staining.

The "sport" pair is on top and the "hiphugger" is on the bottom. I like the lace detail.

I didn't photograph it, but the inside of the packaging shows a drawing of the coverage of each pair of underwear. The hiphugger coverage extends all the way to the lace in the back, which makes it better for sleeping in. The sport coverage does not extend all the way up.

I'm currently washing my underwear. Washing is pretty basic. After use, you want to soak in cold water, then wash on gentle cycle on cold water. Then you let them air dry. This may seem like a lot of work to some of you, but it's exactly how I wash my bras: gentle cycle, cold water, air dry. So adding in the cold water soak is no big deal - I would have to do that if I was washing a fresh stain anyway.

By tomorrow, my Aunt Flo will have gone away again, so you'll have to wait about 3 weeks to get my final review of Thinx. I know you can hardly contain yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment