Monday, May 16, 2016

6 Annoyances Cross Stitch-ers Can Relate To

I'm currently working on an enormous cross stitch project. The plan is to complete it in time for entry in the State Fair, but I really don't know if I'll finish in time. Anyway, since I'm spending all my free moments with a giant piece of linen in my lap, I figured this was a good time to post a "Buzzfeed" style list of annoyances all my fellow cross stitch-ers can relate to.

6. The knots. Can any thread knot as horribly as cross stitch thread? Seriously, that stuff is crazy.

5. Not discovering a knot until you've stitched past it. I like the back of my work to look neat. That isn't possible when you've stitched two rows into a giant knot.


4. Pets.
My cat wants to be in my lap when I stitch. That means that not only do I have to navigate around a big cat, but fur gets woven into my final piece. I'm guessing dog owners struggle with this too!
Buy this pattern here

3. Running out of thread on the last 3 crosses. You've got one last row of 3 before you're done with the section of light mushroom beige. And gosh darn it, you're going to get it finished without starting a new thread, even if it means that your thread is shorter than the needle!
Buy this HERE!

2. Pulling the thread completely out. You've got a nice long thread, plenty of leeway to pull through before you have to tuck the end under that first stitch. And you accidentally pull it out. Twice.
Buy it here!

1. Leftover thread bobbins. If you use kits you'll have leftover thread, in unique colors that most likely won't match any other kits. What do you do with all that thread?






No comments:

Post a Comment