Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December Stitch Fix Review!

It's the most magical time of the year! My December StitchFix arrived! Oh how I love my Fixes.

Think you might like a personal shopper? Use my referral link here and I'll get a discount! How does it work? You create an account and fill out a style profile. Also, if you do Pinterest, linking your profile to your Pinterest clothing board is super helpful. Each month (and you can change the rate to every other month or every quarter) your personal stylist reviews your profile and your notes and selects 5 items for you. After you receive them, you have 3 days to select the items to keep, and send back whatever you don't like. If you return everything, you're only out $20. If you keep everything, you get a 25% discount.

Now, on to the Fix!
First off, I got a lovely cranberry infinity scarf. This is the Hayley Bird Print by Octavia in Burgundy, for $28.00 Naturally I had some fun with it right off the bat.
But then I pulled up a Pin showing 10 ways to wear an infinity scarf and was pleasantly surprised by how versatile this piece is. And yes, the collage only shows 9 ways, because one way is pictured in another photograph. :)
The shirt in all these photos is the Carlosi French Terry Pull Over by Laila Jayde for $54.

Next up, some dashing plaid pants, Sylvie Printed Straight Leg Pant by Margaret M, for $98.00. They have pockets!! I settled on this floral blouse from H&M as a nice mix of prints. My only real quandary about these pants is what shoes to wear with them. They are a bit short for me, so I can pull off the black flats, but only in warmer weather. If it's below 60 degrees, I'm wearing socks! That left me with boots. I kind of like the brown knee boots, but the black ankle boots seem like the best match. What do you think, brown knee boots or black ankle boots?




Next we have this Timmers Lace Detail Blouse by Papermoon for $54. It's a synthetic fabric, so I wasn't crazy about the feel. But the lace detailing is very cute. I really see this more as a fall or spring shirt because it's not warm enough for me to wear in the winter.
The fit on this shirt is good.



The next shirt is a keeper: the Zeke Plaid Mixed Material Pullover by Skies are Blue for $64. I love the look of this sweater, and ended up wearing it all evening, although I put a long sleeve t shirt on beneath it. Still, it's flattering, casual, and an item I can see myself wearing constantly. I pulled on my fleece lined leggings from my last fix, added some puffy lined rain boots and felt pretty trendy!
This is a very good Fix. The pants are super cute and definitely a winner. They'll be great in fall, spring, and summer, and for milder days in winter. The infinity scarf is fun and trendy and works in several different wear patterns so I can see myself using it a lot. The off white Skies are Blue pullover is a great match for my style and very comfortable. That's 3 pieces to keep for sure, for a total cost of $170 (It's $190, but the $20 styling fee is deducted already). If I keep the Papermoon blouse, that brings my total up to $224. Now here's where thing get tricky. I didn't like the Laila Jayde pullover. It's a little see through and it clung to my belly pooch. BUT, if I buy it, I get the 25% discount, and my total purchase price is only $203.50. Basically, for $33.50 more, I get 2 more tops.

What do you think? Buy all 5 for $203.50? Or buy the 3 I really want for $170?







No comments:

Post a Comment