Monday, February 2, 2015

Reiki


I completed my Reiki 2 class last night. Reiki is energy healing, and when my friend offered the class at first, I didn’t give it any thought. But I have been doing a lot of meditating and fine tuning my ability to hear the Holy Spirit and my own desires. And the latest time she offered a class, I looked at the brochure and thought, “You will be in that class.” I just knew it. I signed up and really enjoyed it. That was in December. And at the end of the class, she offered Reiki 2 and when I checked in with my true self (Holy Spirit, etc.), I knew I would be in.

I’ve been practicing daily Reiki on myself now for two months. I know it’s making a difference in my life. I am sleeping more soundly. I successfully avoided catching at least 2 colds (although a cold did finally get me last week).

Now that I’ve learned Reiki 2, I can practice Reiki on people who aren’t physically present. I know, it sounds really weird. I think it’s kind of weird myself. On the other hand, in my mind this is another form of prayer. Reiki is not a religion. At this point, I can use Reiki as a nonverbal form of prayer for someone. This is enormously helpful, because I know very few Christians who don’t struggle sometimes with how to pray for others. I can open with a word of prayer, then do Reiki, trusting the Holy Spirit to translate my actions and thoughts into the holy language of God.

I’m continuing my Reiki journey, starting a Master Reiki class in a couple of months. I’m looking forward to how it will impact my professional development, my clients, and my own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment