Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Stitch Fix!

You know how there’s a Pin that says “I wish pinning something would make it appear in my closet?” Yeah, I have that. It’s called StitchFix, and it’s like having a fairy godmother. I link my account to my Pinterest clothing board, and then, whenever I schedule it, StitchFix sends me a “Fix” of 5 clothing items. Oh, and they also have my measurements, color preferences, and budget preferences. It’s totally fun, and if I don’t like anything, I send it back in the prepaid envelope. If I keep nothing, it only costs me $20 for the styling fee. If I keep all five things, I get a 20% discount!

If YOU use my link above, I'll get a $25 gift certificate. You totally should. Yes, you, person reading my blog who has talked to me about Stitch Fix and wondered about doing it yourself. Go for it!

So I got my Fix today and it was EXACTLY what I needed to motivate me. I’ve got a wee sore throat, and have been a little sleep deprived, so I spent the morning napping. But once I saw my Fix, I got my butt out of bed and did a little at home modeling, which I will now share with all of you!

First up, the Karlotta Hooded Dolman Knit Top by 41 Hawthorn. Um, yes please? This piece is a LOT like one of my first Fix pieces, which I wear basically nonstop. I mean, if you have seen me more than 3 times in the last year, you've probably seen me in that top. 

This is me channeling my inner CW villain
This top has a hood and a stomach pocket, which makes it super fabulous for bumming around the house on a Saturday. It could also be the perfect “jacket” for when I go to the movies in the summer – a nice thin top with pocket and hood to go over a cute tank top. I especially like the long tail, which allows me to adjust the blousing effect to the most flattering angle. It’s $58, and given how much I suspect I’ll wear it, that’s worth every penny. 



Next, the Redina Open Crochet Hooded Pullover by Harper Lane. This is a top I would like to love, but I’m not sure about it. The open work sleeves and shoulders are quite cute, and I would like layering them over solid color tops. But the cut isn’t quite as flattering as the 41 Hawthorn. It’s also a hooded top. In addition, there’s a little hole in one sleeve. Now, in two years, this is the first damaged garment I’ve received, so I bet if I keep it, I could request the company to send me a non damaged one. This top is $68. 

The Rose bootcut pant by Kut From the Kloth is $78 and will be a standout addition to my working wardrobe. It fits perfectly, has normal pockets, and is just the right length for my long legs and my beloved Danskos. And I finally purchased myself a belt that fits, which you can see is just the right accessory for these pants.

I combined these pants with the Mirene Duster Cardigan by Honey Punch, and the infinity scarf from my last Fix. I love this outfit: it's professional, stylish, comfortable and did I mention the pockets?




Now let’s talk about that fairy godmother effect. You like the duster sweater I’m wearing with those pants? First of all, look at all the swirling. This is why I love a duster sweater! It feels like I’m wearing a cape. Nothing boosts my superhero mojo more than a cape like sweater whipping around my calves! Which is why I bought a duster sweater, just last week.
Yes, I went shopping at Old Navy, totally on random impulse, last week. Never should have done that! I did get that great belt, but I also bought myself a wine colored duster sweater. I should have known that my StitchFix fairy godmother would get me a duster! She’s been looking at all my Pins!!

Sigh.

I would be all over this Mirene Duster Cardigan by Honey Punch, if I didn’t already own one that’s almost the exact same color and style. It’s $68, however, and my Buy 5 discount is $100, so it may still end up in my closet.

Finally, the Rosemary Cowl Neck Cashmere Sweater by Lusso Cashmere. This is the most expensive item, at $128. It’s very warm and snuggly. But I’m not convinced on the cut or the color.

So what do you think? Keep the cashmere sweater? Keep the duplicate duster?

1 comment:

  1. Update! I kept the 41 Hawthorn, the Lusso Cashmere, and the Kut from the Kloth pants.

    ReplyDelete