Sunday, June 19, 2016

Anxiety

My anxiety has escalated and I'm not sure why. I just know that it's there, lurking behind every conversation, every choice. I don't know what to do about it yet.

This is part of the problem I face with long term personal goals. I know it's a cop out, but honestly, the part of me that is participating in the 365K club on 10 Minutes Novelists is discouraged by how far I still have to go - I've fallen way behind my annual word count goal. So my inner critic is telling me to just give it all up.

I'm beginning to think I may not actually get this massive cross stitch project done in time for the Fair, and that makes me want to chuck the whole thing too. It's all a big nasty lie, and for some reason, I'm listening to it.

I want to fail.

Picking myself back up and moving forward is all there is to do, however. So I'm writing this blog post. And when I'm done, I'm going to pick up the cross stitch. And tomorrow I'll do the things I've committed to do. Because that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment