Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Yes


Y is for Yes. I said Yes to the A to Z Challenge for April because I wanted to develop a blogging habit. Kind of like a smoking or drinking habit, but with less negative impact. I wanted to ace it, to show that YES, I am a writer and I WRITE! Now, I’m proud of some of my entries. Others are terrible, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I’m getting the feeling that this entry may fall into the terrible column…

But Yes is a powerful word. I try to be judicious in saying yes, because I’m fairly compulsive about keeping my word. Oh, and I tend to overcommit my time, just oh, a wee little bit. I mean, let’s look at what’s going on this month that I said YES to.

  • Writing 1000 words a day, as part of the ongoing 365K challenge by 10Minute Novelists.
  • Writing 26 blog posts in the month of April.
  • Hosting a free webinar for my business.
  • Launching a new service for my business.
  • Painting my office.
  • Hanging new curtains in my office.
  • Becoming the organizer for my networking group.
  • Beginning my Reiki Mastership class.
  • Doing Reiki distance and in person treatments to volunteers on a donation basis.
  • Redoing my entire accounting system for my business.
  • Finalizing my 2014 tax return.
  • Meditating 5 times a week.
  • Planting close to 20 new garden plants.
  • Preschool bus service for my daughter 5 days a week, dance lessons on Saturdays, church on Sundays, home cooked meals 4-5 nights per week.

Hmmm, YES, I’d say I overcommit. But then again, we all do, right? Well, maybe not ALL of us. But a fair number of us.

I’ve enjoyed this challenge a lot, but I’m glad that there’s only one more day. I’m going to continue an increased blogging pace, but probably not 6 posts a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment